HOMES & LIVING
Located on the western side of Narragansett Bay, North Kingstown is a unique, historic bedroom community with one of the greatest economic potentials on the entire east coast! North Kingstown has 30 miles of coastline on Narragansett Bay and covers almost 45 square miles. The coastline and availability of deepwater anchorage and dockage offers exceptional facilities for a wide variety of marine opportunities. North Kingstown is home to Quonset Development Corporation the largest business park in RI. Picturesque Wickford Village serves as the town center with 16 different villages making up the complete town of North Kingstown. North Kingstown is the definition of a great place to live, work, play and visit.
North Kingstown At A Glance
- Established: in 1641; Incorporated in 1674
- Area: Total 53.3 square miles, land, 43.5; inland water, 14.8 sq. miles
- Resident Population: Est. 26,486 as of 2012
- Government: A Town Manager is appointed and a five member Town council is elected for two year terms. The Council meets on the second and fourth Monday of every month at 7:00pm.
- 2014 Tax Rate: $18.91 on real estate and personal property; $22.04 on motor vehicles;
- Median Family Income: $79,861. (per 2012 census)
- Median Home Value: $309,351
- Local Newspapers: The Standard Times (weekly) www.ricentral.com 294-4576, North East Independent (weekly) www.Independentri.com 294-8700, Providence Journal (daily) www.providencejournal.com 1- 800-972-2299
- Avg. Climate Jan. 29.9 degrees; Jul. 70.5 degrees
- Avg. Annual Precipitation: 42 inches
- Schools: Approximately 4,000 students attend one high school, 2 middle schools, 6 elementary schools www.nksd.net
- Voter Registration: Document ID with current address at Town Hall, 80 Boston Neck Rd. www.northkingstown.org
- Drivers License: RI Dept. of Motor Vehicles, 4808 Tower Hill Rd., Wakefield, www.dmv.ri.gov 789-8330
- Transfer Station: Stickers cost $1.60 per bag (5 sticker minimum) at Town Hall or Transfer Station (2050 Davisville Road). For information, call 295-4766. Curbside recycling program for information 268-1500, ext 641.
- Public Safety: Full time police and fire dept. State Police located in town. www.nkpolice.org
- Senior Services: Offers all local services needed by senior citizens age 55 and over at Beechwood Senior Ctr, Beach St www.northkingstown.org
- Year round recreational program activities for children and adults available through Town Hall. www.northkingstown.org
- Municipal Golf Course: located on the former Navy base this 18 hole course is one of the best in RI; www.nkgc.com or 294-4051. There are two other fantastic public golf courses in town.
- Marinas: The Town of North Kingstown operates a marina at Allen Harbor. There are several private marinas available in Wickford harbor. www.northkingstown.org
- Beaches: Beach passes available at Town Hall for residents to use the Town Beach. There are also several wonderful beaches at Quonset.
Health and Special Services:
- Three ambulatory care facilities provide walk-in and emergency care: